Fit to Deformation
Systems for deformation analysis are heavily used in automobile and material industries. Such systems are used for the sizing, stress testing and optimization of components. The aim of the project is to develop and deploy a contactless optical deformation analysis system. Our special interests are the capturing of largely deforming materials such as textiles. Through the combination of multi camera systems, state-of-the-art machine vision algorithms, just-in-time analysis and highly interactive, rich visualizations, we want to advance the field of custom-made garments and textile function testing. On top of that, the project offers numerous research opportunities in more general areas such as computer graphics, animation, bio mechanics, and computer vision.
The project is a collaboration between HTW Dresden, the Institute for Computer Graphics at TU Braunschweig, and the Institute of Textile Machinery and High Performance Material Technology at TU Dresden. Our Partners from the Industry are the well-known sports clothing manufacturer adidas AG as well as the leading provider of flight inspection systems, Aerodata AG.
- Reconstruction, Analysis, and Editing of dynamically deforming 3D-Surfaces PhD Thesis. 2016
- Application of Computer-Assisted Neutral Zero Method of the Shoulder Joint in Vojta Therapy J Rehabil Med 47: Suppl 54, p. 391. 2015
- Compressed Manifold Modes for Mesh Processing Computer Graphics Forum (Proc. of Symposium on Geometry Processing SGP), vol. 33, no. 5. 2014
- Sparse Localized Deformation Components ACM Transactions on Graphics 32 (6), (Proceedings of SIGGRAPH Asia). 2013
- Capture and Statistical Modeling of Arm-Muscle Deformations Computer Graphics Forum 32(2), Proceedings of Eurographics. 2013
- High Detail Marker based 3D Reconstruction by Enforcing Multiview Constraints Poster at ACM SIGGRAPH. 2012
- High Resolution Image Correspondences for Video Post-Production Journal of Virtual Reality and Broadcasting (JVRB), vol. 9.2012, no. 8. 2012
- Monocular Pose Reconstruction for an Augmented Reality Clothing System in Proc. Vision, Modeling and Visualization (VMV). 2011
- High Resolution Image Correspondences for Video Post-Production in Proc. European Conference on Visual Media Production (CVMP). 2010